1. Where were you born? Born in Portland. Grew up in Southern California most of my life. Moved back to Oregon for high school & college.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? We actually went to High school together but didn't date. We were just friend then reconnected 12 years later.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Blaine 7 months
4.What is your favorite invention? Baby invention: the spoon that screws into the food pouch. I also really love my smart phone!
5.What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I love that no matter your level of fitness you can get "your" workout in. What ever that means to you that day! & of course that I can bring my son
6. What is your favorite exercise? My favorite exercise is running not because I love how it feels but I love what it does for my body. Favorite strength exercise is the squat!
7. Fun fact about you: I love Karaoke!more
I've made no secret of the fact that I love my Stroller Strides classes - ever since I discovered Stroller Strides in Virginia 6 years ago, I've been totally hooked. The chance to get a great workout while my kids are with me, while socializing with wonderful, supportive moms and giving my girls the chance to socialize with other kids, to discover new parks that I might not otherwise have seen, all for a reasonable cost? Yes, please.
After my first free class in March 2011 (with 15-month-old Ella in a sad little umbrella stroller, surrounded by more experienced moms with rugged looking BOB jogging strollers) - I immediately signed up for the unlimited monthly membership, and attended class as often as I could. When I found out that I was pregnant with Katie the following month, I remember feeling kind of silly about making some 'big announcement' since I barely knew these ladies, but they were all so excited and supportive when I told them after class one day.
I 'upgraded' to a BOB stroller in Fall 2011 - when my dinky...more
1. Where were you born? I was born in Portland, OR.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We met as Outdoor School counselors at Eagle Fern.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? We have two boys, Tate & Oliver.
4.What is your favorite invention? Hmm, not sure what my favorite invention is. I love paper and pens though!
5.What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I enjoy the variety of workouts and the support from other participants.
6. What is your favorite exercise? I don't have a favorite exercise, just happy to be moving and learning something new.
7. Fun fact about you: I play tennis and we won the National Championships for Women's 3.5 Level in 2008. My sister was the captain.
Nikki Reynolds (owner of FIT4MOM SW Portland)
When my oldest daughter, Evey, was four months old I showed up to my first Stroller Strides class nervous as any new mom would be. I parked my car, pulled out my Chicco stroller, latched my car seat into place and headed inside. Ten minutes before class was set to start, I breastfeed Evey and waited for another mama to show up.
The first person to stroll in was the instructor, Amy. She made me feel welcomed within the first few minutes. As we went around to introduce ourselves and our babies I was amazed by the fact that Amy's son was actually one month younger than Evey and here she was teaching an exercise class and looking AMAZING in her workout gear. I thought-that will never be me!
From the day I found out I was pregnant, exercise ceased to be a priority. I literally stopped working out the day I took my pregnancy test. So for me Stroller Strides became my reintroduction to exercise. And from that first class, it became part of our routine. I scheduled all our appointments, classes, and play dates around Stroller Strides. I realized that this...more
Looking for a unique gift for a mom-to-be or a woman searching for the right fitness program? Fit4Mom gift certificates are available for purchase in all increments. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase.
FIT4MOM SW Portland-Nikki Reynolds