1. Where were you born? SW Oregon
2. Where did you meet your significant other? We both went to school at Western Washington University
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Madeleine 6, Emmeline 2
4. What is your favorite invention? Air conditioning
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? Having two hours per week where I can focus on myself
6. What is your favorite exercise? Russian twists or anything that works out the oblique abdominals
7. Fun fact about you: I have kissed the Blarney Stonemore
1. Where were you born? Montreal, Canada .
2. Where did you meet your significant other? Facebook! All it took was one mutual friend :)
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Ali who is almost 10 months - can’t believe it!
4. What is your favorite invention? FaceTime - we live far away from family, so it’s our daily source of endorphins (other than FIT4MOM of course ;) ) and this way Ali gets to see his grandparents, aunts and uncle regularly :)
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? It’s so difficult to pinpoint what I love most about FIT4MOM classes! I really love that I can bring Ali with me to class while I get a good workout in and set an active lifestyle example for him to learn from. I love the ‘all in this together’ and understanding feel of the classes - we all know the millions of reasons that could lead to a mom being late to class and that’s ok because that’s the unpredictable nature of motherhood and being a parent in general - nothing goes...more
1. Where were you born? Westlake Village, Ca
2. Where did you meet your significant other? In Santa Monica, Ca. I was in Nursing School and my husband was working on his MBA at UCLA. We met at a very cheesy, not at all classy, sports bar in Brentwood.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Catelyn, 6yr old, Wade 4 yr old and Hannah 2yr old
4. What is your favorite invention? The vacuum cleaner.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? The intensity of the workouts and the camaraderie of the women who make it to class every time.
6. What is your favorite exercise? Running
7. What are you looking forward to as an instructor? ...more
by Nikki Reynolds
Merrilee has been a regular Stroller Strider since her first daughter, Mariah, was just four months old. As a member, I loved sharing classes with her because of her cheerful attitude and enthusiasm. When she decided to join my team as an instructor, I was even more delighted!
Not only does Merrilee bring all those great qualities-motivation, encouragment, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude, she also makes you WORK! Here are some great quotes from our members-past and present.
"Oh my gosh, I don’t even know what to say about Merrilee, she is the best! I love how supportive and positive she is. Merrilee is so full of life and vibrancy it’s infectious. Her workouts were clever, fun, and kicked bootie! She will definitely be missed for sure." -Debbie Shurson
"Merrilee you are so full of light and energy!!! I'm sure you will be missed as an instructor by many mamas!! Grateful for Stroller Strides and our friendship! Cheers to your new adventures." -Yanna Bennett
"Merrilee, along with your cheerful smile and infectious laugh, you are a total badass!! You have...more
1. Where were you born? Houston, TX. I lived there most of my life, until I moved to Seattle in 2012.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? At work! We both worked at Starbucks Corporate office in Seattle. We chatted at happy hours, and the rest is history! We still both love coffee.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Ethan, 14 months old
4. What is your favorite invention? These days, Amazon Prime! I love that there are so many things I can get shipped to me in 2 days instead of having to go get them. I'd much rather take Ethan to the park than shopping!
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? The community of awesome moms! I didn't know anybody when I moved here, and I love that now when I go to class I can see smiling, familiar faces - mamas and kiddos!
1. Where were you born? Clearwater, Fl and I lived there until I was 25 and moved to Portland.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? In college in Gainesville, Fl. We were in an engineering fraternity together.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Emma Rose - 15 months
4. What is your favorite invention? Smart phones. I always say, every year, for my New year's resolution that I'm going to stop using my phone so much, but I always find my way back. You can get pretty much everything done with your phone.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? So cheesy, but spending time with Emma. I purposely schedule Stroller Strides on my work calendar so I can make sure to have a few long mornings with her each week.
6. What is your favorite exercise? I'm going to say it... Burpees. When I started coming to Stroller Strides, I couldn't do a burpee, and now I actually kind of like them!
1. Where were you born? San Francisco, CA
2. Where did you meet your significant other? My husband Jason and I met while we were in the Navy, on board the USS John Paul Jones during my first deployment. I actually went to Navy school with his brother first, then met Jason when I got to the ship. We were friends for almost 3 years before finally falling for each other.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Addilyn, 1 (almost 2). Baby #2 on the way, don’t know gender yet (husband is sure it’s a boy =p). Due Jan ‘18.
4. What is your favorite invention? Most recently, a diaper sprayer attachment in the bathroom and sprayer guard. My OCD self couldn't have handled cloth diapering as well without them.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? Being able to bring my baby to workout with other mamas and their babies.
6. What is your favorite exercise? Planks and pilates.
7. What are you looking forward to as manager? I'm...more
1. Where were you born? Grass Valley, CA
2. Where did you meet your significant other? Nick and I met on the first day of class our freshman year of college. We lived in the same dorm and I invited him to lunch.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Henry is four and three quarters and John is two and a half.
4. What is your favorite invention? Amazon Prime and other shopping pick-up/delivery services!
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I love our village and I love that classes have modifications so that all moms can get a great workout.
6. What is your favorite exercise? I have so many favorites! Planks, burpees, and wall sits with bicep curls are some of my favorites.
7. What are you looking forward to as playgroup captain? I'm excited to plan some fun (and sometimes messy!) art projects and find some new activities in the community. I love the friendships that develop in Stroller Strides between mamas and...more
1. Where were you born? Richland, WA
2. Where did you meet your significant other? My husband Josh was one of my roommates when I first moved to Portland. After helping me move in apparently on the drive home my mom asked my dad why I couldn't date someone like "that Josh guy" they'd just met.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Jamie Rae, 4. Robinson, 2.
4. What is you favorite invention? Coffee. I couldn't mom without it!
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I love the community of moms, and that my kids and I can both have fun while I workout!
6. What is your favorite exercise? Squats. And I love stroller barre!
7. What do are you looking forward to as playgroup captain? I'm excited to making stroller strides extra fun for our kiddos!
8. Fun fact about you: I've never watched Star Wars (despite the fact that my kids have)more
1. Where were you born? Columbus, Ohio (but grew up in northern Virginia)
2. Where did you meet your significant other? We debate on this, but it was either The Gorge in George, WA or it was Bend, OR
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Nolan, 3 years old (4 on June 25th)
4. What is you favorite invention? Coffee? haha I recently discovered Stitch Fix. Love it!
5. What do you love most about Fit4Mom classes? There are so many things I love, but for me, the #1 thing has been accountability. I took SS classes here and there, but my first BB session in Sept. 2015 completely changed the way I eat and work out, even though I thought I had it pretty figured out. ;-)
6. What is your favorite exercise? HIIT and Zumba!
7. What is your idea of a fun MNO? Getting a little dressed up to go have a nice dinner with some wine. :-)
8. Fun fact about you: I'm a Soil Scientist by...more
1. Where were you born? Fullerton, CA
2. Where did you meet your significant other? Originally we met in high school, but reconnected 10 years later at a BBQ in a totally different city.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Isla, 5 and Sam, 2
4. What is you favorite invention? I recently discoverd dry shampoo. It's so convenient! I love it.
5. What do you love most about Fit4Mom classes? I think what I love most is the community/accountability and working out outside!
6. What is your favorite exercise? Sprints and squat hops
7. What is your idea of a fun MNO? Trying something new and maybe a little silly. Slip and slide kickball anyone?
8. Fun fact about you: I love to pack! Haha. I have visited 16 countries and love camping and backpacking, but one of my favorite parts is the planning and packing involved.more
1. Where were you born? Born in Portland. Grew up in Southern California most of my life. Moved back to Oregon for high school & college.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? We actually went to High school together but didn't date. We were just friend then reconnected 12 years later.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Blaine 7 months
4.What is your favorite invention? Baby invention: the spoon that screws into the food pouch. I also really love my smart phone!
5.What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I love that no matter your level of fitness you can get "your" workout in. What ever that means to you that day! & of course that I can bring my son
6. What is your favorite exercise? My favorite exercise is running not because I love how it feels but I love what it does for my body. Favorite strength exercise is the squat!
7. Fun fact about you: I love Karaoke!more
I've made no secret of the fact that I love my Stroller Strides classes - ever since I discovered Stroller Strides in Virginia 6 years ago, I've been totally hooked. The chance to get a great workout while my kids are with me, while socializing with wonderful, supportive moms and giving my girls the chance to socialize with other kids, to discover new parks that I might not otherwise have seen, all for a reasonable cost? Yes, please.
After my first free class in March 2011 (with 15-month-old Ella in a sad little umbrella stroller, surrounded by more experienced moms with rugged looking BOB jogging strollers) - I immediately signed up for the unlimited monthly membership, and attended class as often as I could. When I found out that I was pregnant with Katie the following month, I remember feeling kind of silly about making some 'big announcement' since I barely knew these ladies, but they were all so excited and supportive when I told them after class one day.
I 'upgraded' to a BOB stroller in Fall 2011 - when my dinky...more
1. Where were you born? I was born in Portland, OR.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We met as Outdoor School counselors at Eagle Fern.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? We have two boys, Tate & Oliver.
4.What is your favorite invention? Hmm, not sure what my favorite invention is. I love paper and pens though!
5.What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I enjoy the variety of workouts and the support from other participants.
6. What is your favorite exercise? I don't have a favorite exercise, just happy to be moving and learning something new.
7. Fun fact about you: I play tennis and we won the National Championships for Women's 3.5 Level in 2008. My sister was the captain.
Nikki Reynolds (owner of FIT4MOM SW Portland)
When my oldest daughter, Evey, was four months old I showed up to my first Stroller Strides class nervous as any new mom would be. I parked my car, pulled out my Chicco stroller, latched my car seat into place and headed inside. Ten minutes before class was set to start, I breastfeed Evey and waited for another mama to show up.
The first person to stroll in was the instructor, Amy. She made me feel welcomed within the first few minutes. As we went around to introduce ourselves and our babies I was amazed by the fact that Amy's son was actually one month younger than Evey and here she was teaching an exercise class and looking AMAZING in her workout gear. I thought-that will never be me!
From the day I found out I was pregnant, exercise ceased to be a priority. I literally stopped working out the day I took my pregnancy test. So for me Stroller Strides became my reintroduction to exercise. And from that first class, it became part of our routine. I scheduled all our appointments, classes, and play dates around Stroller Strides. I realized that this...more
Jamba Juice started out as a little juice shop with a big idea - that healthy living starts locally. Their juices, smoothies and bowls are made with high quality, good-for-you ingredients so you can get your daily dose of fruit and veggies.
Stop by the Washington Square Mall Jamba Juice and mention you are a FIT4MOM member to receive 20% OFF your order!
Check out the Jamba Juice story and find your favorite smoothie at www.jambajuice.com
Looking for a unique gift for a mom-to-be or a woman searching for the right fitness program? FIT4MOM gift certificates are available for purchase in all increments. Email email@example.com to purchase.
FIT4MOM SW Portland-Nikki Reynolds