1. Where were you born? Portland, OR, but grew up living overseas, which means I can't really boast about being a Portlander.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? We were RAs together at Lewis & Clark College.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Idara is two.
4. What is your favorite invention? For my peace of mind it would have to be, white noise, because it was the magic ingredient to making naps work.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I enjoy Fit4Mom because I get to exercise without worrying about finding childcare for Idara.
6. What is your favorite exercise? Any of the hip openers are great.
7. Fun fact about you I've survived two volcanic eruptions (I lived in Ecuador, which had a lot of active volcanoes).
1. Where were you born? Corvallis, OR
2. Where did you meet your significant other? At my parent’s house on Christmas Eve 16 years ago. My parents swear it wasn’t a set up, but I suspect otherwise.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Emma Bliss, 5 and twins Piper Rose and Grace Ruth, age 2.
4. What is your favorite invention? Heated car seats and reclining movie theater seats. I’m all about comfort!
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? The camaraderie of the other women and the common purpose of good self care. I’ve made some close friends through FIT4MOM and I’m so grateful.
6. What is your favorite exercise? Woman Makers! Hard to do but you only have to do a few to go a whole minute.
7. Fun fact about you. I have a uncanny ability to recognize faces. If I’ve met you once (or even seen your face in a picture) I will recognize you, even if it’s many years later and even if I saw your face when you were a child. It can make for awkward moments when I knowingly acknowledge a person and they were just my Target checker years ago. I consider it one of my super powers!
1. Where were you born? Salem, OR. First triplet born in the old Salem Hospital (fun fact)
2. Where did you meet your significant other? Oregon State, mutual friends
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Laney, 8 months old
4. What is your favorite invention? The swaddle and Dock a Tot
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? It’s never boring because we are always moving stations, singing songs, and new exercises each class
6. What is your favorite exercise? Lunges!
7. Fun fact about you I still have never used my Kitchen Aid that I got when I got married. Tells you how much a bake!
1. Where were you born? Prince Frederick, Maryland
2. Where did you meet your significant other? We both worked at a residential treatment center for kids with mental health issues.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Maya is 8 and Stella is 5.
4. What is your favorite invention? I think it would be Skype or FaceTime because I live so far from my family and it helps us stay connected and for my kids to get to know my side of the family even though we only really see them once or twice a year.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I love how I feel for the rest of the day after I work out early in the morning. I feel like I’ve accomplished something before most people are even awake!
6. What is your favorite exercise? I have a love hate relationship with burpees. I hate them but I love what they do for my body. Other than that anything that tones my arms.
7. Fun fact about you? I absolutely love Halloween and dressing up in scary costumes. When my family agreed last year to dress up as zombie cheerleaders and a zombie football player it was like a dream come true! I’m sure we’ll be back to glittery princess costumes this year, but at least got one year.
1. Where were you born? I was born in Portland
2. Where did you meet your significant other? My hubby and I met in college through mutual friends. Random tidbit: he has no memory of the first time we met
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Jonathan is four, Elianna is two
4. What is your favorite invention? Right now my favorite invention is the washer and dryer. I couldn’t imagine doing laundry without them, especially as we’re working on potty training
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I love Fit4Mom classes because I can get my workout and connect with other moms without leaving my kids somewhere
6. What is your favorite exercise? I don’t know if I’d call it a favorite but I have a love/hate relationship with burpees
7. Fun fact about you: I got into nursing because I thought dissecting the cadaver in anatomy lab was cool and I didn’t want to go though schooling to be a doctor
1. Where were you born? Portland, OR
2. Where did you meet your significant other? in High School, but we didn't date until after college. :)
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Edison, he is 19 months old
4. What is your favorite invention? Currently - Air Conditioning.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I love all the moms. It's been so awesome meeting other moms and learning, growing, getting stronger and sharing with everyone.
6. What is your favorite exercise? Child's Pose... kidding. I think Star Jacks are probably my favorite because they are fun and explosive.
7. Fun fact about you - I love cooking, particularly baking. I could stare at recipes all day long and I love recreating baking recipes to make them healthier. I also love to eat ALL THE FOOD. ALL OF IT.
8. What are you looking forward to as an instructor? I'm so excited to become an instructor. I love how you get to bond with moms and kiddos and be creative. I love singing, so there will be lots of fun songs and goofy sounds when I teach. I think the best workout is when your abs hurt from laughing too much.
1. Where were you born? I was born in Long Beach, California and grew up there until I was 12, then my family relocated to Portland.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? I had just moved to Seattle and a girl I worked with wanted to set me up on a date with her boyfriend's best friend. We had our first date February 21, 2009. It was totally random, unplanned fate, Dolly was born February 21, 2017
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Dahlia 'Dolly' and she is 16 months old.
4. What is your favorite invention? Spanx!!
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? I love getting to meet other moms and being able to get a regular workout in with Dolly.
6. What is your favorite exercise?Anything that has to do with arms. I enjoy seeing them slowly tone.
7. Fun fact about you: My maiden name is Corona... yes like the beer.
1. Where were you born? I was born in Aurora, Colorado but I grew up in Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction Colorado.
2. Where did you meet your significant other? Gordon and I first met our Freshman year of High School. We did not become a couple until Junior Year of College.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Rimini is 8 and Avalynn is 2 (3 in September).
4. What is your favorite invention? My favorite invention is video chat technology because no matter the distance my family and I can stay in touch all while seeing each other.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? What I love about Stroller Strides is how it works for all fitness levels and is so fun. Also that I am able to bring my children and still get an amazing workout while they are entertained. I love Body Back because it gives me an hour just for me to focus on my fitness goals and the meditations are so relaxing. Both classes make my day better and puts me in a positive mood.
6. What is your favorite exercise? My favorite exercises are mountain climbers and planks because they challenge me and work so many muscles all at once.
7. What are you looking forward to as an instructor? I am excited to bring Stroller Strides back to the amazing West Linn community because I believe every Mom deserves time for herself and have a community of other moms who understand the good, the bad, and all the crazy parts of mom life. I can't wait to help moms reach their goals whether that be to just get out of the house and meet other moms or get back into a fitness routine. I've always loved helping people and can't wait to start!
8. Fun fact about you. Both of my daughters were induced and I gave birth to both of my daughters without pain medications.
1. Where were you born? I was born right here in Portland, Oregon!
2. Where did you meet your significant other? Jeremy and I met on the first day of our senior year at the University of Notre Dame. We had a mutual friend and I happened to be walking with her to the student center when we ran into him. He reached out on Facebook and the rest is history.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? We have one sweet, happy boy, Joseph Vinh Tamargo. He is 7 months now, where did the time go?!
4. What is your favorite invention? Currently? Crazy soft hoodies.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? So much! I love how it helped me since being six weeks postpartum, find an hour to do something good for my soul, all the while getting to spend quality time with my boy. I love getting to be around women who inspire me, and I love how empowered I feel every time I attend.
6. What is your favorite exercise? I love barre so Stroller Barre classes are incredible! I also love strength training.
7. Fun fact about you: I enjoy coffee dates (let me know if you ever want to join!), I am a good coupon-er (so let me know if you're looking for anything you want a deal on), and I am currently trying a new vegan restaurant every weekend for fun!
1. Where were you born? SW Oregon
2. Where did you meet your significant other? We both went to school at Western Washington University
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Madeleine 6, Emmeline 2
4. What is your favorite invention? Air conditioning
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? Having two hours per week where I can focus on myself
6. What is your favorite exercise? Russian twists or anything that works out the oblique abdominals
7. Fun fact about you: I have kissed the Blarney Stone
1. Where were you born? Montreal, Canada .
2. Where did you meet your significant other? Facebook! All it took was one mutual friend :)
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Ali who is almost 10 months - can’t believe it!
4. What is your favorite invention? FaceTime - we live far away from family, so it’s our daily source of endorphins (other than FIT4MOM of course ;) ) and this way Ali gets to see his grandparents, aunts and uncle regularly :)
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? It’s so difficult to pinpoint what I love most about FIT4MOM classes! I really love that I can bring Ali with me to class while I get a good workout in and set an active lifestyle example for him to learn from. I love the ‘all in this together’ and understanding feel of the classes - we all know the millions of reasons that could lead to a mom being late to class and that’s ok because that’s the unpredictable nature of motherhood and being a parent in general - nothing goes as planned! And last but not least the camaraderie and friendships that develop and strengthen over time :)
6. What is your favorite exercise? The plank! I love and dread it at the same time hehe. I love how straight forward it is, how it strengthens your core and has multiple levels and variations depending on how much you want to push yourself and what muscle group you want to work out along with your core - on your wrists, elbows, side planks, shoulders taps, torso rotations, up-down planks - just to name a few!
7. Fun fact about you: I enjoy singing :)
1. Where were you born? Westlake Village, Ca
2. Where did you meet your significant other? In Santa Monica, Ca. I was in Nursing School and my husband was working on his MBA at UCLA. We met at a very cheesy, not at all classy, sports bar in Brentwood.
3. What is your kiddo's name and age? Catelyn, 6yr old, Wade 4 yr old and Hannah 2yr old
4. What is your favorite invention? The vacuum cleaner.
5. What do you love most about FIT4MOM classes? The intensity of the workouts and the camaraderie of the women who make it to class every time.
6. What is your favorite exercise? Running
7. What are you looking forward to as an instructor? I look forward to making a difference in someone's day. Motherhood is hard. We, as moms, need an outlet. We spend our days making life better for our kids, our jobs, our husbands. We deserve a time in the day that is devoted to making OUR life better, healthier and hopefully in the end, happier.
8. Fun fact about you: My husband and I just bought a travel trailer to enjoy with our 3 kids! We are looking forward to many camping adventures in 2018!
by Nikki Reynolds
Merrilee has been a regular Stroller Strider since her first daughter, Mariah, was just four months old. As a member, I loved sharing classes with her because of her cheerful attitude and enthusiasm. When she decided to join my team as an instructor, I was even more delighted!
Not only does Merrilee bring all those great qualities-motivation, encouragment, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude, she also makes you WORK! Here are some great quotes from our members-past and present.
"Oh my gosh, I don’t even know what to say about Merrilee, she is the best! I love how supportive and positive she is. Merrilee is so full of life and vibrancy it’s infectious. Her workouts were clever, fun, and kicked bootie! She will definitely be missed for sure." -Debbie Shurson
"Merrilee you are so full of light and energy!!! I'm sure you will be missed as an instructor by many mamas!! Grateful for Stroller Strides and our friendship! Cheers to your new adventures." -Yanna Bennett
"Merrilee, along with your cheerful smile and infectious laugh, you are a total badass!! You have inspired me throughout my Stroller Strides and Body Back years! I will always remember your very preggo plank with Mariah on your back. So thankful we have been a part of this village, together!" -Julie Mattson
"You were the first person that talked to me at my first class. You were so friendly and welcoming to me I will never forget that! Thank you for being so kind and always cheerful! You are an amazing lady! Hugs!" -Jennifer Stewart
"Thank you Merrilee for your fun and encouraging personality and for putting your time and energy into us mamas! Hope to see you around the village!" -Kristi Manseth
"Merrilee it's been such a pleasure getting to know you over the last few months! When I first moved here your smiling face and positive energy at Stroller Strides made such an impression on me, and you really made me feel welcome. I'll sure miss your classes but have learned so much from you and hope to be an awesome instructor like you someday." -Rachel Triolo
"Merrilee, you were one of the first people to really talk to me at Stroller Strides and you have always been so kind and friendly to everyone. You have always pushed yourself as a student and I loved how you carried that on as an instructor. I will really miss seeing you at Stroller Strides and I wish you the best in your next phase of life. Thank you for the great workouts!" -Angela Gosse
"Merrilee you are always so positive- I looked forward to seeing you in class!!! Thank you for some great workouts." -Krista Brown
"Merrilee, it has been such a joy getting to know you through FIT4MOM these past few years - your sunny smile and positive energy are contagious, and the way you push yourself (and others when you’re instructing!) is such an inspiration. I will really miss the Merrilee workouts, but have learned so much from you, and wish you all the best in whatever comes next for you. Thanks for being such an amazing friend and teammate!" -Anna Beckley
"Merrilee: You’ve always been the most positive and upbeat mom whenever I was at class - always supportive and friendly to everyone. And although we mostly were classmates during our time together at Stroller Strides, you always motivated me to push myself more. Such a strong mama!! I’m so glad FIT4MOM connected the two of us and I know we’ll stay in touch. Wishing you the best of luck!" -Danielle Ames
"Merrilee, you taught the first Stroller Strides class I went to, and it was such a good workout and you were so welcoming that I knew I wanted to join this community. Thank you for so many great workouts (I’ll never forget burpees to “Go Dog Go!”) and for all the smiles and laughs. I’m so glad that we started running together after class, and now I am fortunate to call you a friend! I will miss your cheerfulness and killer workouts at class but I know you will be amazing wherever life takes you next." -Raena Nelson
"Merrilee, thank you for always challenging me to do more and go harder and farther than I thought I could. Even when things seemed impossible (ahem, the burpee holding pattern at the hill behind Cook Park) you inspired everyone to keep going! I will miss your smiling face. Don’t be a stranger!" -Paula Robertson
"Merrilee, I love your confidence, energy, enthusiasm, and most of all your kick-butt workouts! You pushed me and motivated me to go farther and that’s definitely a trait of a super trainer. I knew I could push past the pain. But I’ll never forget how a fire alarm at Washington square saved us from more Burpees, ha! Thanks for your support and encouragement lady!" -Kasia Duncan
"Thank you for inspiring me to become a stronger mom and better example for my daughter. Thank you for helping me decide to become an instructor and giving me such good pointers during my training. Not only have you inspired and motivated me, but you have done so for so many other moms. You always bring so much joy to class that makes me want to be there. I will always think of you and burpees when I read Go Dog, Go! Keep hustling Momma :)" -Cara Unger-Fink
"Merrilee, thank you for always bringing a smile and positive attitude!! I will miss you and your kick butt workouts!! Wishing you the best!" -Sarah Briscoe
Merrilee has been a wonderful addition to FIT4MOM for the last 5+ years. We will miss her as a member, an instructor, and teammate. We wish you the best in all your next adventures!